Cultural Fund update
22 October 2015
We have a new three-year plan that will make significant investments in New Zealand writing and publishing.
Each year, for the next three years, the Fund has been allocated an additional $50,000 per year. This additional money is not from domestic licensing revenue but from overseas revenue that is non-title specific.
The new investment plan adds to the existing programmes run through the Cultural Fund and responds to feedback from the New Zealand writing community and the publishing industry on the Cultural Fund programmes.
The objectives of the Cultural Fund are to:
- protect – writers and publishers’ ability to earn revenue from their works
- support – the creation and production of new works and assist the commercial success of New Zealand works
- grow – the number of works created and skills in the industry
Cultural Fund programme overview 2016–18
Over the next three years, the full Cultural Fund programme of activities to meet these objectives will comprise:
- CLNZ/NZSA Research Grants: more information
- Contestable fund: more information
- PANZ Training Fund: more information
- Publishing industry economic impact reports
- Tertiary scholarships: these scholarships to tertiary students are under development
- Writers’ award: a new writers’ award will open in 2016
< Back to News & Developments listing