The CLNZ/NZSA Research Grants support New Zealand writers by providing assistance to writers who wish to undertake research for a fiction or non-fiction writing project.
Four Research Grants are awarded annually, these are:
- 3 x Open Research Grants, each with funding of $5,000
- 1 x Stout Research Centre Grant, which includes funding of $5,000 and a six-week residential fellowship at the Stout Research Centre at Victoria University Wellington.
Submissions for entries are now OPEN and close 4pm Friday 27 July 2018. Successful recipients will be announced in September.
How to enter
- All applicants must read and understand the Application Criteria (PDF below) of the CLNZ /NZSA Research Grants. We encourage you to print or download this PDF so you can refer to it easily through the application process.
- Before starting the application, please ensure you have all supporting documentation. You will be required to provide a synopsis of the project (no more than 300 words), a sample of writing from the proposed work (5 pages or fewer) and a curriculum vitae with a list of main published works (3 pages or fewer).
- Before submitting the application, you will have an opportunity to review and edit the application.
- Incomplete applications will be auto-saved if using the same browser, but supporting information will need to be reloaded.